The benefits of effective social media are tangible… consistent online exposure, increased website traffic, sharing of knowledge, better lead generation, improved search ranking, increased brand awareness, direct customer feedback and service, and engagement with customers.
Social media works by providing a platform (or several) where businesses can:
- Reach an ever-expanding network of followers
- Build up a database of users who actually want information on their products and services
- Drive traffic to their website
- Increase the searchability of their website through use of keywords and other “get found” tactics
- Engage with their current and prospective customers
- Get feedback on products and services
- Conduct research on customer needs and wants
Social media is not a one shot approach though, and it takes patience, persistence and passion. Many people think social media means creating a new account and sharing couple of updates… Worse yet, they do the same thing on multiple social media channels and expect the same results. Social media is not a field of dreams on auto-pilot. When people don’t get any traction, they give up quickly thinking that social media doesn’t work.
Consistency is the name of the game when it comes to social media. Time and frequency of posting updates is crucial. Keeping an eye on trends and alerts relevant to your business, and seeing what your customers are doing and saying matters. Interacting regularly and having conversations with your customers is necessary.
Social media marketing requires strategy, focus and execution. If a company wants to engage with thousands of small business service providers, owners and entrepreneurs, promote their products and services, and attract new customers.
Have a Blessed Day!